Lechon Paksiw is pork lechon or roast pig cooked in vinegar and lechon sauce. This dish is usually prepared when there are left-over roast pig after a family celebration like birthday parties, weddings or holiday get-together. It is actually recycling the left-over lechon meat instead of throwing them away or giving them to the dogs.
This recipe is practically very easy to prepare since you just have to combine all the ingredients and let it simmer until it’s done. And there is really no need to wait for another party left-over lechon to enjoy this delicious lechon paksiw recipe. Any deep-fried pork like lechon kawali will do. I prepared lechon kawali for this cooking demonstration. Serve hot with steamed rice or fried rice and a vegetable dish on the side for a balance meal. Try this recipe and please comment your thoughts below. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 kg lechon (roast pork) or lechon kawali, cut into serving pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 laurel leaves
- 1 cup regular lechon sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp whole pepper corn
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over low flame.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until the desired sauce thickness is achieved. You can add more water if necessary.
- Stir once in a while to ensure even cooking.
- Add salt to taste when the lechon paksiw is done.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or garlic fried rice.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.